Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Allan Tunkel MD, PHD
Dr. Allan Tunkel, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Providence, RI. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Tunkel is affiliated with Monmouth Medical Center, Medical College of Pennsylvania Hospital and Tenet Health System MCP. He speaks English.
Dr. Allan Tunkel has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Allan Tunkel has the following 15 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Bacterial Endocarditis
- Bacterial Infections
- Bacterial Meningitis
- Central Nervous System Infections (CNS Infections)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)
Dr. Allan Tunkel is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Tunkel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Monmouth Medical Center
Medical College of Pennsylvania Hospital
Tenet Health System MCP
Tenet HealthSystem Hahnemann LLC
Clara Maass Medical Center
Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch
33 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1983
Medical College Of Pennsylvania And Hospital
Dr. Allan Tunkel Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Allan Tunkel's office for more information.
13 Brown St Providence, RI : (401) 863-1000
Locations & DirectionsBrown University, 13 Brown St, Providence, RI
Dr. Allan Tunkel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Providence, RI.