Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Allan B Zelinger
Dr. Allan B Zelinger, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oak Lawn, IL. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Zelinger is affiliated with Holy Family Medical Center, MetroSouth Medical Center and Morris Hospital. Dr. Zelinger has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Allan B Zelinger has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Showing 5 of 10
while his bedside manner may not be comforting.... I cant think of any other heart doctor I would want to see. His calmness under pressure and his knowledge and skill are second to none! I would have been dead 40 yrs ago if not for what he did and still does to make sure I stay around to enjoy my grandchildren for a while longer. After my first heart attack when I was in my early 40's he became my dr. I have on occasion see others in his office they are all fine drs. but he really saved my lilfe not once but 3 times over the years. I know he can be a little gruff but he has a soft side too and he really cares for his patients.,
Dr. Zelinger is *not* a nice doctor, by any means. His eyes are always cold and his bedside manner is demeaning. I would not recommend this man to anyone. Still, MidAmerica is a great group. Any doctor in the group would be better than Dr. Zelinger. I wish MidAmerica would just fire this guy. He is a discredit to what is otherwise an outstanding group. He is a sore thumb.
Bridges to Excellence: Cardiac Care Recognition Program
Cardiovascular disease refers to a number of very serious and costly conditions, including Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD). To encourage more effective treatment and management, BTE worked with cardiac care experts
NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program
The NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program was launched in 2003. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to persons with cardiovascular disease (CVD) or who have had a stroke.
Dr. Zelinger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1976
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Allan B Zelinger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAdvocate Medical Group, 10837 S Cicero Ave, Oak Lawn, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Allan B Zelinger in this video.
Dr. Allan B Zelinger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oak Lawn, IL.