Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Allen A Ciuffo has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Catheterization
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Heart Failure
- Cardiac Defibrillator Implant
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Attack
Showing 5 of 13
I have been going to this doctor for some time now and find him good but rather brief...He does not look me in the face at all during my visit and continues writing or reading my chart as if he has never seen me before. THis is very offputting to me. Also he is always lingering around the door as if he feels trapped and always make a quick escape. Not very good for patient.
My sister has worked with doctors for many years, and Dr. Ciuffo is highly recommended when they give referrals. That is why I went to him. He performed a cardiac cath on me yesterday, and everything went very smoothly. He is highly intelligent, and maybe some people are offput by that. I'd rather have a doctor that I have confidence in, rather than one like my former oncologist. When I asked my former oncologist a question about some chemo side effects I was having, he chuckled and said all I needed was a pat on the back. I much prefer substance rather than personality. Sorry your experiences were bad, but it's often easier for people to complain rather than praise.
Dr. Ciuffo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Allen A Ciuffo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSentara Cardiology Specialists, 844 Kempsville Rd Ste 204, Norfolk, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Allen A Ciuffo in this video.
Dr. Allen A Ciuffo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.