Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Allen L Cornish III
Dr. Allen L Cornish III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lexington, KY. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Cornish is affiliated with St Joseph Mount Sterling Hospital. Dr. Cornish has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Allen L Cornish III has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Blood Clot
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I have recommended Dr. Cornish to friends who have heart problems because I have had excellent care in his office. His nurses and other staff have always been helpful, prompt and courteous. I don't know how any doctor can wade through all that paperwork that gets generated in medical offices ( thanks to government rules I'm sure). I have had good care and good advice from this physician. He has managed my cardiac problems for about 15 years and both of us are still alive.
Dr. Cornish is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Dr. Allen L Cornish III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLexington Clinic, 1221 S Broadway, Lexington, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Allen L Cornish III in this video.
Dr. Allen L Cornish III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, KY.