Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Allen D Adams has the following 3 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.<br>These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Allen D Adams has the following 7 expertise
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
Dr. Allen D Adams is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
18 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsENLOE MEDICAL CENTER, 1531 Esplanade, Chico, CA
Dr. Allen D Adams is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chico, CA.