More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Allen P Lu
Dr. Allen P Lu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rowland Heights, CA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Lu is affiliated with St Jude Medical Center, Greater El Monte Community Hospital and Promise Hospital of East Los Angeles, LP. Dr. Lu has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Allen P Lu has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Allen P Lu has the following 1 expertise
- Dupuytren's Contracture
Dr. Allen P Lu has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Allen P Lu is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
This office is extremely busy, mainly due to the combination of Dr exam rooms and adjacent physical therapy department. The Doctors are knowledgeable and for the most part, professional. This review is not written to berate this establishment, but, more along the lines of previewing some of the pitfalls that you may encounter here. For starters, one of the office staff girls are particularly confrontational, unknowledgeable and a blatant liar (steer clear of her if possible). Her attitude may be directly attributable to their unwittingly unprofessional and hostile office mgr who took it upon herself to verbally assault me in an exam room; making grotesque allegations that I had mistreated her office staff! So, if you are a healthcare professional and are receiving a "professional courtesy" from the Dr. Never ever ask the naive office girl why she's requesting a copay... They simply have no idea what a "professional courtesy" is or why your are receiving it... And don't be taken by surprise when one day another Dr comes along and has his office mgr remove your professional courtesy in an embarrassing, discourteous manner and without any feasible explanation. To make a long story shorter. I have decided to get a second opinion, as the Surgeon apparently sided with his office mgr's incriminating allegations and now claims that he's not sure whether or not the corrective orthopedic surgery will or will not resolve my shoulder pain. This Dr did become more optimistic about the outcome of my surgery after listening to my side of the mgr's allegations, but, too late, the trust was gone and I decided have decided to have my surgery from St Elsewhere...
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Lu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
University Of Rochester Medical Center
Dr. Allen P Lu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsScosi Orthopedics, 18575 Gale Ave Ste 278, Rowland Heights, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Allen P Lu in this video.
Dr. Allen P Lu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rowland Heights, CA.