Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Allen D Pettee
Dr. Allen D Pettee, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, NY. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Neurophysiology, Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Pettee is affiliated with Highland Hospital of Rochester and Strong Memorial Hospital. Dr. Pettee has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Allen D Pettee has the following 3 specialties
- Clinical Neurophysiology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I found him to be arrogant and condescending. He spent a great deal of my time talking about the incompetence of my other doctors. I was sent to him for a nerve study by my back doctor. I have another neurologist who I see for other issues and he is personable and highly competent, but Dr. Pettee works out of the back doctor's office occasionally so I am assuming it is "one hand washes the other". I would not go to this neurologist again!
At my first appointment I felt that I was being told I had anxiety as the reason for my pain before the doctor asked me my history. The room is old and not warm or inviting. I was charged a whole lot of money for an office visit. The secretary could of warned me about the price before coming in and then wanting the money up front while checking out.
Dr. Pettee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1991
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Allen D Pettee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsGreater Rochester Neurology, 2101 Lac De Ville Blvd Ste 1, Rochester, NY
Dr. Allen D Pettee is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Rochester, NY.