Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Allen Rafael has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Allen Rafael has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
Dr. Allen Rafael has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
Everything you hate about doctors. Long wait times, double booked appointments, quick assembly line approach, and as many office visits and co-pays as they can possibly get out of you. He doesn't even have enough time to read your results properly (a nurse is going to do that) and if you do see him, he's going to be distracted by his pager constantly going off or being "on call" for other patients who obviously are more important than you. Choose anybody but him.
Dr. Rafael saw my father in an emergency situation at 11pm on a weeknight at a hospital this week. My father was having a heart attack. Earlier in the day by another Cardiologist, my father had an angiogram performed and 4 stents placed. Hours later, he had a severe heart attack. Dr. Rafael took my father back into procedure quickly, listened to the information the family had to say about the first procedure and used it to quickly diagnose and fix the problem. He was able to safely reach and achieve what the previous Cardiologist was not. In less than an hour, he took my father from near death to safe and comfortable. He took much time at midnight to explain and show to the family all pictures the problem, the procedure ,prognosis and nicely answered all of our questions. I do not have experience with his office, however I rate him highly in the situation that was presented to him. Thank you Dr. Rafael.
Dr raphael would not do an angigram on me even though i was very ill, losing witht lost 27lb. my primary is the one that said i needed an angigram. the test showed i had clogged arteries, put stents in weeks later i still wasn't feeling well dr. raphael said i should feel good once again my primary doctor ordered another angigram, dr rapeal said he didn't think it was necesary,but went ahead and did the test, the stents had clogged and i ended up having open triple by-pass.I was told women are different then men when it comes to heart problems. You'd think dr. raphael would have knowledge of that
24 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Allen Rafael accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Summit
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Charles Medical Center-Bend, 2500 NE Neff Rd, Bend, OR
Dr. Allen Rafael is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bend, OR.