Dr. Allen Root Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Allen Root?

Posted on March 2nd, 2017

Very accurate and thorough.

Just Loved (sarcasm) being his Guinea Pig

Posted on May 25th, 2012

I went to Dr. Root as a child. Was diagnosed with Hypopituitarism and Hypothyroidism. I took synthetic growth hormone shots 3x a week. Sure it made me grow, but at a cost that I feel every single day of my life in every move my body makes. Hindsight being 20/20 and all, I'd go back and tell myself to stay away from this jerk! I would have rather been a midget than deal with the pain I deal with every single day of my life. But let's talk about the pain. When it first manifested itself in my early teens this jerk of a doctor denied EVERY BIT of it, and tried to convince my mom that I was psychosomatic and needed therapy. Yes, because my pain was all apparently mental! BULLSH!T!!! He made me feel like I was insane for many years after our yelling match in his office. It wasn't until in my early 20's that I found out that all this pain that I was having, all this torment that I have gone through since I was a kid was actually Fibromyalgia. But no, this is the kind of doctor that can't accept that YOU might know your body more than HE does. Sure he has a fancy Harvard degree, but that still doesn't mean he's better than you or me. All it means is that he's an azzhole with power. Yeah, I still harbor some anger over how I was treated. If you dealt with the side effects of the shots I took as a child and all that it developed into and was told you were psycho when you knew the pain you were experiencing was real... you probably would too. I'll be honest... I hate him. I'd love to confront him and see what he has to say. He can look at my degenerative bones that didn't grow properly thanks to growing so fast from the SHGH. He can hear my side of the story of the pain I feel every God forsaken day. Oh yeah, I have depression... but it's not what causes my pain like he tried to say. I can't believe he's still a doctor. I hope he hasn't screwed over anybody else like he did me.

Posted on October 26th, 2017