Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Allen J Salm has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Allen J Salm has the following 15 expertise
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Chest Infection
Showing 5 of 24
This practice recently moved to the Virtua medical offices location at 141 Rt. 70 East in Marlton. The customer/patient care went immediately into the toilet. Dr. Salm, my pulmonologist, is the same good doctor & great guy. The people at the Virtua offices at this site are disgusting and rude and decidedly unhelpful. The first people the patient meets are receptionists lined up to the left as soon as you walk in. The person I was stuck with didn't care that I was an established patient who had gotten lost on my way to this new location and was late for my pulmonary testing appointment. She wouldn't even answer my question of whether she could let them know I was here. She demanded answerrs to multiple question I know my doctors already know, and as I became more and more upset, wouldn't even look up from her computer at me. The nurses in the office are the same great folks, but now, at the Virtua, are not allowed to have anything on the walls, and also only look at the computers, not at the patient to whom they are talking. Virtua opperates like a machine. Dr. Salm used to have bulletin boards where he kept postcards from us patients when we vacationed. No more -- Virtua doesn't permit anything on the walls. It is sterile and cold. The door from the waiting area to the office is locked...no way to tell anyone you are there, or that maybe you are sick & have to leave. The patients have given up all control and input. I love my doc, but I will be looking for another. This is just unbearable!
Told my sick mother that he could not doanything for her as an out patient..in other words she would have to be in the hospital in order for him to do his job! Scolded her for being on to much of the meds that HE himself prescribed. He made her feel like her illness and her were a lost cause and proceeded to blame her Cardiologist. My mother came out in tears!! We are changing practices to a more caring and efficient practice where putting someone in the hospital is not the only form of treatment. I feel bad for the staff there too....you could tell the one receptionist had been crying. I would think twice before going to this cold hearted doctor!
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVirtua Garden State Pulmonary Associates, 520 Lippincott Dr, Marlton, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Allen J Salm in this video.
Dr. Allen J Salm is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marlton, NJ.