Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Allen C Steere Jr
Dr. Allen C Steere Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Steere is affiliated with New England Baptist Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Brigham And Womens Outpatient Pharmacy. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Allen C Steere Jr has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Allen C Steere Jr has the following 13 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Lyme Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Erythema Chronicum Migrans
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Allen C Steere Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 8
Stop denying Lyme
Self-verified patient of Dr. Allen C Steere Jr - Posted on April 27th, 2018
Dr steere was wonderful with my son who has lyme arthritis in his knee
Self-verified patient of Dr. Allen C Steere Jr - Posted on June 23rd, 2011
Dr. Steere is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1969
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital
Dr. Allen C Steere Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Allen C Steere Jr, MD - Rheumatology in Boston, MA, in this video.
Dr. Allen C Steere Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Boston, MA.