Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Allen M Vukov
Dr. Allen M Vukov, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dunlap, IL, with another office in Peoria, IL. His specialties include Hematology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Vukov is affiliated with Unitypoint Methodist Medical Center and Osf Saint Luke Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Allen M Vukov has the following 3 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Allen M Vukov has the following 11 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Dr. Allen M Vukov is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Nov 21st will be 25 year since I was dx with Breast Cancer...Dr. Vukov was the most caring, loving and helpful doctor. He always took time to talk to me about any concerns and encourage me to never give up...The staff was great...I love the old place on at the Atriumn...I wanted to just say Thanks to a great man and Best Doctor I have ever had...Best always in your retirement.
Dr. Vukov is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Allen M Vukov in this video.
Dr. Allen M Vukov is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dunlap, IL.