Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Allison K Cabalka
Dr. Allison K Cabalka, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, MN. She has 32 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Pediatric Cardiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Cabalka is affiliated with Unity Hospital, Mercy Hospital and Mayo Clinic Hospital Methodist Campus. She speaks English.
Dr. Allison K Cabalka has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- High Cholesterol
- Persistent Truncus Arteriosus
- Heart Catheterization
- Blood Clot
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Transplantation
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Cabalka is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1986
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Allison K Cabalka accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN
Dr. Allison K Cabalka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MN.