Dr. Allison E Kierstead Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Allison E Kierstead?

Dr Kieran is very competant, detailed, and kind. My situation is kinda complicated, she manages all my specialists. Her smile and warm manner is comforting. If she's a tad late, it's because she spends whatever necessary time with her patients.

Worst Experience I've Ever Had

Kierstead refused to listen to my requests for medication to mitigate the painfulness of my symptoms. She prescribed something topical that did absolutely nothing. I spoke with her by phone later in the day and she wouldn't listen to my (literally) pleas for something that would work. I had to go to InstaCare and meet with another doctor on the same day. He prescribed medication that did address my pain, and also openly questioned her decision to prescribe the topical treatment. The absolute worst experience I've ever had with a medical professional. She wasn't empathetic, didn't listen to me during our consultation, and seemed to automatically assume that I was seeking pain pills to abuse (which, obviously, I wasn't, and have no history of). Grade F. Stay far away and find a truly caring health professional.

I got fired!

I have always liked Dr Kierstead. She was concerned about my health issues. I gave two stars for the over all rating because of the office staff. I had an argument with the office staff after waiting for the nurse to talk to a drug rep. All I needed was two minutes of the nurses time for a weight check. After waiting a half an hour I was fed up and complained. When I was told I was a not paying patient I was not on her list of priorities. I was given excuses like she didn't know I was there, (I stood there while the receptionist talked to the nurse) she was talking to the rep about a patient (isn't that against hippa laws?), I got a letter in the mail a few days latter firing me as a patient. I was able to find a new doctor quickly. Hopefully I never get fired again. I can't even leave a full star for the office staff. I was told that Dr Kierstead is leaving her practice. I would be in search of a new doctor anyway. I just got a three month jump on the process.

worst doctor and staff

Staff is beyond rude.Doctor runs all the wrong tests and never figures out whats wrong.Nurses never call back and you always wait forever

Go Elsewhere!

I moved to Utah and set up an appointment for a physical with Dr. Kierstead. I was not referred to her, but she was conveniently located and I'm always partial to females, so I went. During our initial conversation I told her that I had an underactive thyroid and elevated liver enzymes (both of these conditions cause entire system to slow down, weight gain, excessive tiredness etc.Without even ordering blood work she wrote me out a prescription for an anti-depressant because she said I was "very lethargic and just seemed depressed." My blood work came back and sure enough I was under-medicated for my hypothyroidism which would explain my "lethargic" behavior. I was baffled that a "medical professional" would write a prescription for a drug that has serious side-effects without even waiting for test results, especially after discussing my past medical history.To add insult to injury, her billing department messed up and I got stuck with a $257 bill. They refused to change the billing code to the one it should have been (the one that would have been covered by my insurance). I'm still considering filing a formal complaint against Dr. Kierstead. I certainly wouldn't recommend her to anyone.