Dr. Allison Peckumn Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Allison Peckumn?

I found Dr. Peckumn competed, professional, and very empathetic

Posted on April 6th, 2017

Hypothyroidism patient here … Boy, am I glad that I did not read the reviews about Dr. Peckumn prior to my first appointment and went with an open mind! I found scheduling extremely easy and the check-in process at the office was fast and efficient. The location is nice, new, and clean (except for the two restrooms that I used, those were dirty) and all of the staff members I came in contract with were friendly. I did not have to wait long in the waiting room before Dr. Pechumn’s assistant called me in; he was polite and attentive, and took all the time that was needed to record my medical history and my reason for seeing the Dr. Peckumn. Shortly after he left the room, I could hear him reiterate the [main] information that he received from me to the Doctor outside before she entered the room - which I thought was neat because she already had an “idea” about the reason for my visit. Dr. Peckumn was warm, welcoming, and polite. She went over my history again and made detailed notes, she actively listened to my concerns, and offered honest feedback. She explained limitations in the research of the treatment of hypothyroidism to me, specifically when I asked about proper diet. She also explained that it is a very individualized condition without a cure, meaning treatment is treating “symptoms” and what may work for one person, may not work at all for another. She did an exam and showed me models to explain things. My appointment ran 20 minutes behind and at first I was a little annoyed while I was waiting for her. But then I understood that she truly takes her time with the patient! (I can’t remember the last time I did not feel rushed during a doctor’s visit) Which I believe to be beneficial for the patient. Overall, I found Dr. Peckumn competed, professional, and very empathetic. Empathy is a big deal especially when you’re told “your labs are fine, so you’re fine” everywhere else, all while feeling like doo doo all of the time. So, I would say.. check her out and see if she is a good fit for YOU, if not, move on. If so, yay.

Office nightmare

Posted on March 15th, 2016

Dr. Peckumn is a good doctor but the office staff make it impossible to even have a follow-up appointment, medical assistant not very helpful not very knowledgeable and is the only link between you and the doctor.

This Dr needs more experience

Posted on January 1st, 2016

I went to see her because no one else had appointments available. I don't think that I got the help I needed.

Posted on July 9th, 2015

Issues with her staff and test scheduling and results. Three months for appointment. She did not review my medical records, she was oblivious

Dr Peckumn

Posted on January 15th, 2015

Dr Pckumn is within Banner Health's own internal network and I was not too happy with happy her, mainly because she bases her conclusions and decisions by Banner Health's internal policies when it comes to guiding her patients, rather than evaluating every patient's own needs. Every diabetic is different when it comes to how they should manage their diabetes and Dr Peckumn is not very flexible when it comes to making decisions. I would not recommend her or any of the endocrinologists within Banner's internal network.

Posted on October 6th, 2017