Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Allison W Warren
Dr. Allison W Warren, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Annapolis, MD. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Warren is affiliated with George Washington University Hospital and Anne Arundel Medical Center. Dr. Warren has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Allison W Warren has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. Allison W Warren has the following 7 expertise
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Catheter Ablation
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
Dr. Allison W Warren has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Allison W Warren is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 11
I believe this doctor is now known by her maiden name of Warren. I went to see her by recommendation of Dr. Jacobs, also a female at the same location. BOTH doctors immediately put me at ease and botj of them finally understood what I tried to explain to them as to my symptoms. Dr. Warren recommended an ablation. After getting over my fear, I agreed. Best thing I ever did!! I had been going to another dr there for several years who could never find what these two ladies found in 1 visit! If you need a cardio doc...I HIGHLY recommend both of these docs!
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Warren is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Columbia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Allison W Warren accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCardiology Associates, 2002 Medical Pkwy Ste 500, Annapolis, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Allison W Warren, MD - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology in Annapolis, MD, in this video.
Dr. Allison W Warren is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Annapolis, MD.