Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Allison Whitton has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Saw Dr. Whitton for my first OB-GYn f/u in a long time. She totally puts you at ease which is huge considering the exam. But more importantly she is thorough. She takes time to talk to you before and after the exam to discuss any concerns as well as her recommendations for health promotion in the coming year. I was very impressed with Dr. Whitton and I work in healthcare so I know the current climate of "herd them in, herd them out." Her staff was wonderful, too, pleasant and professional. I couldn't have asked for any better care anywhere!
Dr. Whitton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Catawba Valley Medical
Frye Regional Medical Center
14 Years Experience
Saint Louis University
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Allison Whitton accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1501 Tate Blvd SE, Hickory, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Allison Whitton in this video.
Dr. Allison Whitton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hickory, NC.