Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. M A Brown
Dr. M A Brown, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pottstown, PA, with another office in Phoenixville, PA. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Brown is affiliated with Phoenixville Hospital. Dr. Brown has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. M A Brown has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. M A Brown has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
Dr. M A Brown has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. M A Brown is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
With my first pregnancy, everything was fine and I saw every doctor in the practice. I met with her and she barely spent anytime with me or my husband and dismissed my knowledge out of hand (I'm a RN BSN and I took special interest in maternal nursing). I told my husband I did not want her to deliver me because I did not like her. Well, I ended up with pre-eclampsia and was induced. She was very brusque, rough, and not very kind and this was during the day. We ended up doing a c-section and when I was understandably upset because I knew what was involved in a c-section and had desperately wanted a natural childbirth she just assumed I was scared and didn't know anything about a c-section. Granted she did a fabulous job on the incision, you can barely see the scar a year later. However, afterwards she continually criticized my wonderful and attentive husband because he was sleeping in the hospital bed and I was in the recliner. Instead of asking why that was and finding out that I hurt so much from the incision and the intubation (I had to have General Anesthesia) that I couldn't sleep in the bed and preferred the recliner, she decided my husband was a no-good lazy bones that would probably ignore the care of our child. I like the rest of the group I just wish I could somehow avoid her at all costs.
Dr. Brown is a wonderful doctor whose patience and knowledge is a breathe of fresh air. It is so rare to find a doctor who is willing to take time to find the cause of one's dis ease rather than "treating"/band aiding symptoms. She takes the time to follow up and call patients herself. I was so fortunate to have her deliver my daughter in May 2008 and also perform surgery to remove a paraovarian cyst that summer. I would recommend her to any woman.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. M A Brown in this video.
Dr. M A Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pottstown, PA.