Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alok Goyal
Dr. Alok Goyal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in South Plainfield, NJ. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Goyal is affiliated with Care One at Raritan Bay Medical Center, John F Kennedy Medical Center and Raritan Bay Med Ctr - Perth Amboy. Dr. Goyal has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Alok Goyal has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alok Goyal has the following 5 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Alok Goyal is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
he listens to you and then he does exactly what he wants to do no matter how much you disagree. this is a big problem when it comes to mediation. find another doctor if you can
No value for our time at all; I waited for 75 minutes for my appt. which was the first appt. for the day. When I reached there 10 minutes before my appt. time, there were 8 other patients for the same time waiting before me as if they call all patients for that day all at once and have them just wait like a free clinic until they get to them one by one. Some patients who had appt. time after mine, were seen before me because they came few minutes before I reached; what good is the appt. time for? If they cannot manage time, how will they mange patients. You spend more than an hour for your turn only to be seen for few minutes (So, I guess, they do know how to manage their time!). It seems that most doctors these days are more interested in filling out the EHR on the computer so that they get the maximum money in just few minutes of their time. The quality of their examination is generally very poor. They take your weight with heavy shoes on, blood pressure with tubing facing backward, using stethoscope as if it is going to catch some infection from patients' skin, poking belly instead of proper abdominal examination, etc. Most nurses and doctor do not even wash their hands before examining patients.
While my wife was having an endoscopy and under some sedation, he inquired as to whether or not he had been paid. When she said she had paid Surgicare and was prepared to pay for his services, he threatened her and told her that she would not be released until he got his money. I had to go out to my car and call his office with my debit card so my wife would be released. by the time I had finished, I returned to the building to speak with him about his terrible handling of the situation only to find that he had already left for the day.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Goyal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Care One at Raritan Bay Medical Center
John F Kennedy Medical Center
Raritan Bay Med Ctr - Perth Amboy
Robert Wood Johnson, Jr. Rehabilitation Institute, Edison
29 Years Experience
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Alok Goyal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Amerihealth Local Value Network
- Amerihealth Regional Preferred
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCentral Jersey Family Practice, 2509 Park Ave, South Plainfield, NJ
Dr. Alok Goyal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Plainfield, NJ.