Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alok Rawat has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 5 of 7
We found Dr.Rawat to be,empathetic, reassuring and professional He asked both closed and open ended questions and used the answers to probe further regarding onset and subsequent psychosis.He wrote a prescription for an "atypical" drug that initiated recovery in a small dosage. In subsequent visits,he adjusted the dosage by further questioning the efficacy.
Dr Rawat was a life saver. My son was going through a very rough patch and needed help. He had crashed and burned. Dr Rawat agreed to see us that same day. My son has found stability and a new sense of direction thanks to Dr Rawat. He is young, can be direct and to the point. With my son it was a necessary, it helped my son grasped that without my son's effort, we are all wasting time. Highly Recommended. But he is on his own, not in a practice.
I would definitely recommend this psychiatrist to others. He knows his medications and has an easy chart for keeping track of any patterns that can help forsee future problems. He is very professional and comfortable to be around. I have bipolar disorder and with his help I have reached and maintained stability for 4 months now (I have only been seeing him for like 4 and a half months)
Dr. Alok Rawat accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlok Rawat Md, 1042 Patapsco St, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Alok Rawat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.