Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alok D Sharan MD
Dr. Alok D Sharan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bronx, NY, with another office in Yonkers, NY. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine. He speaks English.
Dr. Alok D Sharan has 2 locations
Dr. Alok D Sharan has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
Dr. Alok D Sharan has the following 11 expertise
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Physical Therapy Modalities
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Back Injuries
Dr. Alok D Sharan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
My name is iris. I just had surgery with Dr. Sharan on November 1. I was so scared when I got to the hospital. The staff n dr sharan made me feel relax. Thank you Dr. Sharan n ur amazing staff. I’m very happy I did the surgery.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alok D Sharan - Posted on November 5th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alok D Sharan - Posted on September 29th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alok D Sharan - Posted on September 8th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alok D Sharan - Posted on August 12th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alok D Sharan - Posted on October 7th, 2015
follow up after visit was the Worst!!! He did nothing for my mother and sent her home in excruciating pain. she had to go to the emergency room the very next day. he also told my mother to seek pain mgmt with doctor blanco but never left the referral in the chart. i called 6 times in 3 days and he never returned the call! thanks for nothing. You can be as nice as you want but i'd rather have a mean doctor that actually does work efficiently!!! I will make sure i complete a rating on every site possible!
19 Years Experience
- Univ Med Dent Of Nj
Dr. Alok D Sharan Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Alok D Sharan
Dr. Sharan obtained his undergraduate degree at Boston University where he was part of the seven-year accelerated BA/MD program. He went on to receive his medical degree at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. He completed his orthopedic training at Albany Medical Center and then specialized in spine surgery at NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases. While at NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, Dr. Sharan was named an AO Spine Fellow and was also selected to be an AAOS Washington Health Policy Fellow. Dr. Sharan subsequently joined Montefiore as the Chief of the Orthopaedic Spine Service. He has focused his practice on minimally invasive spine surgery, treating patients with spine tumors and complex deformities. He is interested in understanding healthcare policy and committed to providing the local community with the highest quality of spine surgery care.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alok D Sharan, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine in Bronx, NY, in this video.
Dr. Alok D Sharan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bronx, NY.