Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alonso P Collar has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Alonso P Collar has the following 6 expertise
- Vascular Malformations
- Varicose Veins
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Diabetes Complications
Dr. Alonso P Collar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
I found this doctor difficult to deal with. With a Torn Aorta, this doctor said he must to a catherization prior to surgery to fix the torn Aorta. You cannot do a catherization on a patient with a torn Aorta, but he insisted he must before surgery, when I agreed, the catheradation was "Attempted" but was not done because the patient condition would not allow it - that was known before the attempt but he had to attempt? Complications from the surgery were infections of the sternum wires, even though the doctor took a sample of the infection fluid, he never tested them and I had to receive treatment from my dermatologist that I had an appointment to see right after seeing this doctor. Upon surgery to fix the infected sternum wires the doctor stated all three wires would be removed and I would stay in the hospital for a couple days after surgery, but only One wire was removed and I was sent home not knowing why the diagnosis and discussed treatment had been changed. I never felt this doctor listened to me or ever approached me as a patient he cared about.
39 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Alonso P Collar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsSparrow Cardiovascular And Thoracic Surgery, 1200 E Michigan Ave Ste 775, Lansing, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alonso P Collar in this video.
Dr. Alonso P Collar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lansing, MI.