Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alonzo J Flores has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Alonzo J Flores has the following 5 expertise
Showing 5 of 21
We showed up on time for our appointment, but we waited for an hour & a half to see him because he took longer than expected with previous patient. He apologized but that was way too long to wait. But he did diagnose properly and he does follow up a lot and explains why he is sending you to a specialist & why he's ordering labwork & tests.
Dr. Flores is a great doctor for my kids. He is very patient and definitely spends enough time with both of them. However, the wait is horrible. Even if you have an appointment, I was going to leave the first time I took my kids to see him and he is the only reason I continue to keep him as my kids doctor. The staff on the other hand seem to be pretty rude and always seem too focused on something else. They do not greet you and are not helpful in any way. Dr. Flores should definitely hire staff that is a better representative of his work. Most people don't like to go to the doctor in the first place and then to have staff that are rude, doesn't help. If they are that miserable, work somewhere else.
Dr. Flores doesn't pay much attention while you are with him at YOUR appointment. He doesn't undress you or look at your body at all. You are fully clothed and he doesn't address any concerns you may have, himself. He writes referrals for everything instead of taking care of the matter. His staff is extremely rude and they hang up on telephone calls, purposely. They talk to you with attitude for no reason. They look like they are miserable. It's not the patients' fault they don't like their job. They do not greet when you walk in. "Sign in and take a seat," is all you hear. The staff failed to send me my approval for my dermatologist and gastrointestinal referrals, but allowed me to go in for my follow up appointment, and forced me to pay my copay. I still hadn't received the notice of approval for my initial referrals, so what exactly was he going to follow up on? I paid my copay for absolutely nothing! He then wanted me to pay again for another appointment so he could fill out some paper work that was requested from the gastrointestinal doctor. He collects his money off of unnecessary appointments and copays. Staff needs to learn how to confirm appointments to avoid wasting patients' money. Especially when the patient has referral copays that they need to pay too. It gets extremely costly when it can be avoided. THE OFFICE NEEDS MAJOR ORGANIZATION AND BETTER MANAGEMENT. He also does not return patients calls.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
39 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Alonzo J Flores accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOrange Family Medicine, 229 S Glassell St, Orange, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alonzo J Flores in this video.
Dr. Alonzo J Flores is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange, CA.