Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alpa S Desai DO
Dr. Alpa S Desai, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Newberry, FL. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Alpa S Desai has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Alpa S Desai has the following 8 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Women's Health
Dr. Alpa S Desai is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alpa S Desai - Posted on February 12th, 2018
Went to see Dr. Desai for a new patient appointment... She did not ask me about my medical history or if I had any health concerns. She just did a quick physical and then was out the door. When I tried to bring up my concerns she completely brushed them off. Please do not waste your time seeing this provider.
She is a VERY caring physician
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alpa S Desai - Posted on December 2nd, 2013
I put off going to see a physician for many years due to several bad experiences at another local "family" practice. Upon meeting Dr. Desai, I not only feel very comfortable, I have had several follow up visits with her. She is very professional and extremely caring. She listened carefully and asked lots of questions. When ordering tests/medication she thoroughly explains why and then follows up with the test results. She never rushes through my visit. I find her bedside manner to be excellant. She respects her patients - so refreshing! Her staff are also extremely pleasant. I am always greeted by the receptionist with a smile and a hello. The tech is always extremely polite/professional and friendly. I am always taken back to the room within minutes of arriving - even when I am early. I am never just left in a room wondering what is going on. I highly recommend Dr. Desai to all of my friends/coworkers.
19 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 2000
David Grant Usaf Medical Center
Dr. Alpa S Desai Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Alpa S Desai
Dr. Desai serves our Family Medicine at Hampton Oaks clinic. After receiving her Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine from Western University of Health Sciences, Dr. Desai completed her Family Medicine Residency at the David Grant Medical Center in California. before joining our team, Dr. Desai served as Major in the United States Air Force until her Honorable Discharge in June 2007.
Locations & DirectionsFLORIDA CLINICAL PRACTICE ASSOCIATION, 13611 NW 1st Ln Ste 200, Newberry, FL
Dr. Alpa S Desai is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Newberry, FL.