Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alphonso Brown has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alphonso Brown has the following 11 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 12
As much as he is empathetic, Dr. Brown is really ineffectual unless (I expect) you are easy to diagnose. I went to him for a very long time, waited a LOT to see him, tried many things (empirically) at his suggestion and still got not relief. He basically gave up on me at the point I asked him to check something I had a hunch about. Granted I am not an easy case but that is the reason one goes to a specialist. I look at his list of specialities, many of which I have symptoms and yet I was never diagnosed by him, nor did any of the drugs he prescribed do any good. Alas they ended up in the garbage. The office staff is very difficult, so don't expect much from them. Good luck. I have yet to find a great GI doctor.
After many years of suffering from a serious GI problem and seeing many Doctors at prestigious hospitals around the Boston area, someone recommended Dr. Brown. He was the best thing that happened to me. Not only he was kind but Dr. Brown took the time to listen to my problem and itâs rare to find Doctors these days that will take their time and listen to a patient. Dr. Brown is very serious about his job. It only took another visit and I had my diagnosis. Dr. Brown is a very busy doctor because he has many patients but I didnât mind waiting to be seen. I really enjoy talking with him and will recommend Dr. Brown to my friends and family or anyone
he has very strange behavior, he looks very tired with yawn constantly, thick and rough breathing, slow, listless movement; never response requesting from patient, Itâs too risky to let him perform any procedure. I have to go to medical record office to get result of test and found he ignored the very important blood test that I should have. so for your safe and life go find other doctor at least normal.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
24 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Alphonso Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWhidden Memorial Hospital, 103 Garland St, Everett, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alphonso Brown in this video.
Dr. Alphonso Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Everett, MA.