Dr. Althea Lindsay Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Althea Lindsay?

Kind and compassionate

Explains everything to me in a way I can understand. Answers all of my questions. Make me feel like my concerns are really important.

Rude and judgemental don't trust her delivering my baby. Had to switch doctors

Great doctor!!

I find Dr. Lindsay to be knowledgeable, compassionate, and she provides exceptional care. She is intentional in that each patient feels their needs are being addressed in a timely fashion. Dr. Lindsay takes the time to provide quality and appropriate care. I would highly recommend Dr. Lindsay.

Not open to straying from "standard of care"

Was transferred to her from within the practice when I became pregnant. Pregnancy visits were standard, didn't explain any of the blood tests to me, or the baby's development. Would just listen to heartbeat, feel around a bit, and say everything looks good. Pushed the tdap, had the nurse come in to explain it, with me declining. Next visit asked about the flu shot, and when I declined, laughed and said, oh you and your shots! At 38 weeks, wanted to strip the membranes to induce labor??!...I declined. At this point, I called around RI looking for a someone else to take me, but was unsuccessful. At 40 weeks, was pushing me to get induced and to have internal checks...also declined. When I got to 42 weeks, ended up getting induced, and she was pretty decent during labor and delivery, but given the lead up to D day, didn't feel comfortable with her and will not go back for next one.

NOT RECOMMENDED!

I walked into the office and waited at the window (I was the only one there) for 5 minutes until someone came over to take my name and give me paperwork to fill out. After filling out the paperwork the nurse called me back and took me to the scale. She told me that she would just take off weight for the purse I was holding and my knee length winter jacket instead of having me take it off. When Dr. Lindsay came in she began to look through my medical history. She asked why I hadn't gotten the HPV vaccine. I told her my reason and her response was "So your mom wants you to get cancer." When I didn't respond she followed up her statement with, "Just sayin'." The rest of the appointment followed with a condescending tone whenever I asked her a question. When I had to go for blood work (the office conveniently has a lab) I was called the next day to be told that they I had to come back in because they had messed up the tests/lost my results. I was given both excuses. I would not recommend this office to anyone. It has been an awful experience both times that I had to deal with them.

Dr linsey is intelligent, asks good questions, listens,has a great personality.

Always laughing regardless of the circumstance and sarcastic. Never in a serious manner. Wouldn't recommend.

Dr. Althea Lindsay is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warwick, RI.