Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alvaro Alonso Aparicio
Dr. Alvaro Alonso Aparicio, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Orleans, LA. He has 12 years of experience. His specialties include Interventional Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiology. Dr. Alonso Aparicio is affiliated with University Medical Center, Tulane-Lakeside Hospital and Tulane University Hospital & Clinic. He speaks English.
Dr. Alvaro Alonso Aparicio has the following 4 specialties
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Alonso Aparicio is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Tulane University Hospital & Clinic
12 Years Experience
Graduated in 2002
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Dr. Alvaro Alonso Aparicio accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTulane University School of Medicine, 1430 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA
Dr. Alvaro Alonso Aparicio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.