- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alvin Y Au MD
Dr. Alvin Y Au, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hanford, CA, with another office in Hanford, CA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Alvin Y Au has 2 locations
1360 Bailey St
Hanford, CA 93230
Book Online Now
Dr. Alvin Y Au has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alvin Y Au has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alvin Y Au - Posted on March 12th, 2018
Can’t understand how I had 20 some polyps removed on colonoscopy and brought back six months later and had 9 more. Seems wierd. Sounds fishy like maybe they have Interest in where they send these things
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alvin Y Au - Posted on December 18th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alvin Y Au - Posted on September 19th, 2017
Dr. Alvin Au is the most unprofessional rudest doctor we have ever come across. From the beginning of our experience it was uncomfortable and awkward. First off, he never even introduced himself when he walked into the surgery room. His nurse stated that Dr. Alvin would be doing my procedure and if I had any questions for him. He kept his back turned towards me the whole time and never acknowledged me. He made it quite apparent that he did not want to be bothered with question’s. Once the procedure was over my wife was told that the doctor would come out and explain the findings and all that went on during the surgery. As we waited the doctor never came out to talk to myself nor my wife.The nurse ended up letting us know that he said he will see us in 3 to 4 weeks for follow-up and we can go over the findings at that time. As I mentioned earlier the most unprofessional rudest doctor I have ever come across and I would never recommend anyone to see this Dr. I would hope no one would ever have to be treated that way going into a procedure. You are already feeling high anxiety knowing you must have a procedure done but then to be treated in such a manner is just inhumane.
Only saw him because of a referral
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alvin Y Au - Posted on April 4th, 2016
had a procedure done and wound up being admitted to hospital. luckly that was next door/ he diagnosed me with crohns which forced me to be medically retired from military . never had a recurrence and was diagnosed by a new dr and told I had no crohns, cant understand what he says cause of his strong accent.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alvin Y Au - Posted on August 10th, 2015
Would NEVER go to this doctor again! I was sent because my liver was enlarged. He told me I had an ulcer. No such thing. Not even the symptoms matched. He asked me about my symptoms. I had made a list. He took the list from me, crumpled it up without looking at it and threw it away. He then stood up and said "I guess you have an ulcer." And walked out! My grandmother had gone to him a few years ago and it was equally as bad. Staff is horrible and very unfriendly. You're treated like cows at the slaughter house. SCARY! Ask for a different doctor. Dr. Reznik isn't much better though!
35 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Alvin Y Au Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alvin Y Au is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hanford, CA.