Dr. Alvin C Burstein Is this you?

2.4

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Alvin C Burstein?

This Doctor as awful!!!!! so self absorbed, "HUGE" "EGO!!!! only loves money an could care less about patients, spends less than a few minutes with you just to write same scripts I could obtain from an MD and charges $125 dollars for nothing but a waste of time! He is dangerous!! and EVIL!

The Worst Doctor

Dr. Burstein is the worst I have ever had the misfortune to go to in my life. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. He’s completely self absorbed, doesn’t listen, doesn’t respond if he was listening has no care or empathy about his patients and seems annoyed by your mere presence. I inherited him from a beloved psychiatric nurse practitioner I saw for 15+ years when she retired. Dr. Burstein is rude, he interrupts and I’d describe him as malevolent. The happiest day this year was when I found a replacement for him. I saw him four times for medication management. He is simply awful. If he is competent he completely missed the training on human decency and bedside manner.

Knowlegeable and personable

Have been his patient past 2-3 years. He is calm and thorough and listens well.

Anxiety, Anxiety and more Anxiety!

Can you imagine being charged $100 dollars for missed appointment when I was on a plane to MA. My Dad had passed away. I did call the next day. He wiped it out. Than, my husband had a total knee replacement. He was re-admitted back into hospital for an extreme infection in his knee. I almost lost my husband that night. Needless to say he was the only thing on my mind. My appt with the Dr was the next day. I called to let them know what was going on. Still I have been charged $100. When I called the office to make an appt I was told until that money was paid I couldn't see him. Now it's in collection! No anxiety or stress here. I do understand that there are policies, however there are also emergencies that do come up in people's lives. Oh by the way, I have Parkinson's Disease and cannot drive!! This is a psychiatrist!

Anxiety, Anxiety and more Anxiety!

Can you imagine being charged $100 dollars for missed appointment when I was on a plane to MA. My Dad had passed away. I did call the next day. He wiped it out. Than, my husband had a total knee replacement. He was re-admitted back into hospital for an extreme infection in his knee. I almost lost my husband that night. Needless to say he was the only thing on my mind. My appt with the Dr was the next day. I called to let them know what was going on. Still I have been charged $100. When I called the office to make an appt I was told until that money was paid I couldn't see him. Now it's in collection! No anxiety or stress here. Oh by the way, I have Parkinson's Disease and cannot drive!! This is a psychiatrist!

Rescued me

He was able to rescue me from a very complicated dysfunctional family problem

Wrong diagnosis

Dr. Burstein only does a medicine check on me every 3 months. My "talk therapy" is with a psychologist. The very first time I saw Dr. Burstein, he diagnosed manic disorder. I told him that none of the other therapists I had seen over the years had ever diagnosed that, and that I'd always been treated only for depression unrelated to bipolar disorder. I also asked him how he could make that diagnosis based on a 15-minute session at my first visit. He said it was based on my "talking fast." I pointed out that I was trying to give him as much history as possible because I knew I only had a 15-minute appointment scheduled. It didn't convince him, and his wrong diagnosis remains on my record. Also, the first thing he did was change the dosage of 2 of my medications, even though I was doing well on both of them. He kept prescribing higher doses of lithium (which I don't need), that, in turn, exacerbated my existing thyroid disorder. Because of that, my endocrinologist had to increase my thyroid medication to restore normal levels. And because thyroid medication decreases the lithium level, Dr. Burstein he continued raising the lithium dose. It's a never-ending battle - a tug-of-war between 2 doctors trying to achieve an impossible balance between medications that work in opposition with each other. I asked him to talk to the endocrinologist and he said, "He can call me if he wants to talk to me." I have asked him repeatedly to take the wrong diagnosis out of my chart and he just ignores me. I only had one session where he had eye contact with me and answered questions. The rest of the time he reads lab reports and types on his computer. I chose him only because he's one of a few who accept Medicare. He has an impressive educational background, but what good is that when he's not a "people person?"

Experience and compassion make Dr. Burstein an excellent psychiatrist. He is so helpful in getting you the very best results.

Being that Dr. Burstein is my specialist. I would appreciate a list of selected books for my condition. I an interested in what, how it is diagnosis, the best ways to treat the condition as this will give me a greater understanding. The 30-45 minute session charges are those for services rendered for only 15 minutes. Why are the sessions not prorrated on time spent rather than the charting code?

Dr. Burstein is one of a kind. My husband is a retired physician, and our son is a physician. My son called Dr. Burstein to question a medicine that he prescribed for my husband. Dr. Burstein would not take the call unless my son paid him $100.00. Dr. Burstein is interested in money, not care for the patient.

Alvin Burstein

Dr. Burstein is almost evil in the way he handles some of his patients. I went to get help withdrawing from a strong medication I had been on for over 20 years. He had me discontinue the medication too rapidly and when I began to have horrid withdrawal symptoms, he denied that they were related to the rapid decreasing of the medication. He refused to help me while I was experiencing violent nausea, night sweats and insomnia. Every other Doctor I consulted confirmed that these were signs of medication withdrawal and should have been taken into consideration by the doctor with regard to how quickly and by how much the medication should be reduced. Every medical journal consulted suggested a much slower and more moderate reduction of this very powerful drug. Dr. Burstein was disinterested in my discomfort and basically told me to "go to the hospital" if I was nauseated.

The worst

Wrong diagnosis. Provided wrong medication and I became suicidal.