Dr. Alvin Detterline Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alvin Detterline?

Not Warm and Fuzzy but who cares!

Posted on July 8th, 2015

Everybody gets all upset because their doctor isn't offering to sit and chat with them over tea and be their bff. Frankly, I could give a crap about if you are awkward to talk to as long as you know what you are doing when you cut open my leg which HE DOES! I had to have knee surgery for a seriously torn meniscus in the fall, this was not an ongoing issue it was just a SURPRISE you cant bend your leg or walk today. I got in with him within the next few days and he explained everything to me and told me I needed to get surgery ASAP to fix it (because... I couldn't walk). Surgery came, and went, we had several follow ups and my knee is literally as good (if not better) than the other one. Obviously throughout this I also needed physical therapy. Before my work switched to some new crap insurance I hurried up and made another appointment with him just to verify that 6 months post op and everything was fine. My point is, he is a busy man, he is not going to sit there and shoot the breeze with you for hours on end but if you want your body parts fixed properly get over it. I have yet to meet a doctor that gives me the warm fuzzies because under the health insurance system they need to get you in and out and see as many people as humanly possible.

Would never refer

Posted on April 26th, 2014

He has absolutely no bedside manor. Every single appointment I had with him I waited over an hour with no apology. When I complained they told me he had gotten backed up. Really, every single appointment including the day of surgery. Did not seem to be interested in any thing I had to say. Never called after the surgery to ask how I felt. I had 2 exposed staples, I mean staples that looked like the ones from a staple gun, in my leg that were near my knee....I had hip surgery. When I called to find out why and what to do about these I was told they were nothing to worry about. I actually decided not to go through the surgery but the women who schedules the surgery, who was very nice by the way, talked me into staying with him. However, I will never go to him for anything else if ever necessary and would never recommend him to anyone. Hoping he did a good job with my hip but too early to tell.

Posted on July 17th, 2012

Dr. Detterline replaced both of my knees 2 yrs ago now and I couldn't have been happier with the results as well as the care while in the hospital at St. Joseph's. It takes him a littlee bit of time to warm up to people it seems but by the end I felt like we had a good repore.

Wonder Doctor and great Staff

Posted on July 5th, 2011

I feel he is the best and would use him again if needed. His Staff was great...

Rotator Cuff Repair

Posted on November 8th, 2009

Laast week I had arthroscopic surgery for rotator cuff repair by Dr. Detterline. My experience with him has been a good one. He has a wonderful caring manner. At first we agred to treat the injur conservatively with therapy. Only when the therapy semed not to help, Dr. Detterline suggested surgery. He didn't pressure me ,but let me choose the date for the procedure. He ws very through in explaining what would be done. I felt very confident in his ability as a surgeon.His secretary Lois is also very nice and shows concern for his patients. I would highly recommend Dr. Detterline to anyone.

Excellent doc

Posted on September 12th, 2009

Dr. Detterline is a young very professional doctor. I would highly recommend him to anyone. I presented him a challenge and he was fantastic.

Posted on August 3rd, 2017