Dr. Alvin Powell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alvin Powell?

compassionate care

Posted on November 21st, 2013

Being diagnosed with kidney disease is a big deal. Dr. Powell took his time to explain my disease and options for treatment. He was very caring and gave me hope. I dreaded the possibility of dialysis treatments but now I understand that they are saving my life and if I stay healthy I can get evaluated for a kidney transplant. Dr. Powell is guiding me on how to be a good candidate for a new kidney. Thank you Dr. Powell!

Dr. Powell took his time discussing a difficult subject - dialysis. He put my mind at ease about starting dialysis.

Posted on October 4th, 2011

Great compassion and care

Posted on November 20th, 2010

I had a chance to go to Wake Forest. My husband thought we should but I was happy with Dr. Powell's advice. I have a serious illness and Dr. Powell quickly diagnosed and began aggressive treatments. I am better and appreciate his kind care.

Posted on May 28th, 2010

Dr. Powell refused to transfer a patient to another doctor in the same practice due to his ego. The patient had not seen him in 5 years and quit seeing him due to inadequate care information and lack of experience, and education. When returning to this practice after 5 years another doctor was requested and Dr. Powell threw a fit so no other doctor in the practice would take the patient. It is the patient's choice to see whom they feel the most comfortable with and feel they can communicate the best with. I do not recommend this doctor at all.

Posted on November 15th, 2010