Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alvin Powers Jr
Dr. Alvin Powers Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN, with another office in Nashville, TN. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Powers is affiliated with Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation. He speaks English.
Dr. Alvin Powers Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 6
I traveled several hours to meet with Dr. Powers because I had read that he was the best in our region, and I had a troubling case of new onset type 1 diabetes as a mature adult. He and his staff were very courteous and helpful to me. My test results were available online very quickly after my first visit with them. They have already followed up several times with me to make sure that I am getting well acclimated to their practice, and Dr. Powers called me personally after hours to reassure me about my challenging Diabetes diagnosis and care. He spent more time with me and was more thorough than any physician I have ever known. It is clear when you walk in the door that this is a place that focuses on academics and professional standards with appropriate priorities. Dr. Powers is the chief of his department, but he approaches his role with great humility and sincerity. Highly recommended.
Dr. Powers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Massachusetts General Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alvin Powers Jr in this video.
Dr. Alvin Powers Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.