Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Alvin H Prause has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Alvin H Prause has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Alvin H Prause has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 14
I had brought my daughter in with diarrhea and vomiting. Her vitals were never checked, I was given a script and told to come back if symptoms aren't better. We came back the next day and was given more medicine, again no other information about drug interactions, usage, or side effects. This is the second copay I've had to pay, then told to call if problems persist. We came back on day 3 and was told nothing could be done. When I refused to pay a third copay (due to symptoms not changing, second follow up visit, and no new information given) I was told by his "office manager" who lied about her title "if money is that much of an issue, you should go to a free clinic"!!!!!!!! I was so mad, I called the Medical Review Board on his staff. I was treated like trailer trash and to this day refuse to pay that copay. I missed work because they kept wanting me to come in and then neglected to tell me anything useful.
Dr. Prause is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Alvin H Prause accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAlvin Hubert Prause Md, 2965 Harrison St Ste 220, Beaumont, TX
Dr. Alvin H Prause is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beaumont, TX.