Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alvin R Castillo has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Horrible experience. My almost two year old went for a dental surgery to women's and children's and this "Dr." Of anesthesia was the one to put her to sleep. After the procedure and I got to go back to see my kid. She was crowing and her respiration were off. Long story short we kept asking for them to do something or discharge her so we could get her somewhere where they would. He stated over and over she is fine she is fine. Finally a nurse there listened and got us a pediatric consult which confirmed exactly what we were saying she was in respiratory distress!!! Before the pediatrician even got into the room completely she heard her and said respiratory distress!!! I had to sign papers to give my child a final resort breathing TX because of this. Which had several risks including a rapid heart rate to which my daughters heart rate went into the 200-250 range. And this Dr. Wouldn't listen to anything we said just kept saying she was fine and denied the consult for a pediatrician. Worst nightmare ever a simple procedure supposed to take to be an hour in and out tops wound up a 24 hr stay in the hospital. Parents beware!!!
16 Years Experience
Marshall University Joan C Edwards School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Alvin R Castillo accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGeneral Anesthesia Services Inc, 3508 Staunton Ave SE Fl 3, Charleston, WV
Dr. Alvin R Castillo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, WV.