Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alvin H Schmaier
Dr. Alvin H Schmaier, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schmaier is affiliated with ValleyCare Northside Medical Center and University Of Cincinnati Medical Center. Dr. Schmaier has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Alvin H Schmaier has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Blood Platelet Disorders
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Blood Coagulation Disorders
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Showing 2 of 2
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Schmaier is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Alvin H Schmaier accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCase Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alvin H Schmaier in this video.
Dr. Alvin H Schmaier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.