Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alvina M Janda has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Alvina M Janda has the following 11 expertise
- Macular Degeneration
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Eye Pain
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Exam
- Vision Issues
- Lasik Surgery
Dr. Alvina M Janda has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Janda has been my ophthalmologist for a few years. There is currently a long wait to see her because another ophthalmologist at this location recently left and she had to assume all his patients. True she isn't able to spend a lot of time, but I didn't feel that she rushed thru my exam and she always asks if I have questions, advises me of warning signs to look for, and I think she's worth the wait.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
38 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1980
Hennepin County Medical Center
Dr. Alvina M Janda accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHealth Partners Bloomington, 8600 Nicollet Ave S, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alvina M Janda in this video.
Dr. Alvina M Janda is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.