Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alyssa M Degnan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes Complications
Showing 5 of 33
The experience was one I hope I can learn from. At first, she was very friendly. In my past three visits, she has been condescending, unknowledgeable medically and does not seem interested in her job. I have never spent more than 10 mins. with her at a visit. She seems to have become bitter and hurtful. She is not compassionate and after several years of a very cordial relationship, she has become very hard and cold. I will not go back to her for healthcare.
Outstanding diagnostician involves the patient in their care, very reachable.
Dr. Degnan has been my family doctor for many years. I think she is a good knowledgeable doctor and caring. However when I was having a crisis because I could not breath she took what I said wrong. She showed anger and gave me snippy remarks that was totally unprofessional. I tried multiple times to apologize to her for offending her and tried to let her know that was not my intention. I guess it is time to move on to a doctor that does not have an ego so big that it interfers with the judgement of her patient.
Dr. Degnan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine Erie
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Alyssa M Degnan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine Associates Of Aiken, 102 Summerwood Way, Aiken, SC
Dr. Alyssa M Degnan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Aiken, SC.