Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amal A Sawires
Dr. Amal A Sawires, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Castro Valley, CA. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sawires is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. Dr. Sawires has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Amal A Sawires has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Amal A Sawires has the following 10 expertise
- EOL Care
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- Dementia Testing
Dr. Amal A Sawires has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
After years of what I now consider to have been substandard care in comparison, finally a physician who takes the time to listen and address issues. On a personal level, she truly is a wonderful person and on professional level, she is top notch and you really get a sense of how much she enjoys being a doctor. Dealing with her front office sometimes poses a challenge but when you get in front of her, you get her undivided attention and superb quality care. I am almost hesitant to tell others about her for fear of her becoming over-subscribed!
I saw Dr. Sawires because my regular doc was on vacation. She immediately identified that a thorough history had never been taken, and spent 45 minutes with me understanding my history and conditions. She is up to date in her medical knowledge, citing recent studies as well as her personal experience. She has a particular focus on women's health, and has a very personable style.Over all, Dr. Sawires is a great doctor, and I'm happy I found her.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sawires is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania
Dr. Amal A Sawires accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCastro Valley Care Center, 20101 Lake Chabot Rd, Castro Valley, CA
Dr. Amal A Sawires is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Castro Valley, CA.