Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Amalakumar D Augustine has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Amalakumar D Augustine has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amalakumar D Augustine - Posted on November 27th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amalakumar D Augustine - Posted on June 13th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amalakumar D Augustine - Posted on October 21st, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amalakumar D Augustine - Posted on July 10th, 2015
Dr. Augustine is Excellence at its best!!! You will not find another doctor with as much compassion. The office staff is quite friendly professional at all times. Dr. Augustine will make sure all your questions and concerns are all answered and makes sure he gives you the time that he needs to do so. He had treated me for a very low blood count , which I was not aware I had and caught it in time . Got me admitted to the hospital in a very timely matter . Ordered all the right test and a transfusion and I feel so fortunate to have him as my primary care doctor. I trust him with my life anytime. If your looking for a doctor that is exceptional , compassionate and goes above and beyond Dr. Augustine is the doctor. Ask any of the nurses who work over at the hospital and they all think he is awesome. I know first hand he is.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amalakumar D Augustine - Posted on March 11th, 2015
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
St Lukes Hospital
Dr. Amalakumar D Augustine Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Amalakumar D Augustine is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chesterfield, MO.