Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amanda J Adams has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Amanda J Adams has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Amanda J Adams has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Amanda J Adams is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
One staff member in particular, Trish, is very rude & incompetent. She doesn't even attempt to be friendly & many times does not return phone calls, so you have to keep calling. The doctor is inexperienced and almost cost me my life. I went in to see her over a grave concerned, she shrugged it off and I wound up in the ER a few days later. My life was in grave danger, and due to her dismissive behavior towards my problem, I almost died and now have a serious health problem for the rest of my life. Avoid this doctor.
Before I start this review on the negative I would like to say getting an appointment with Dr. Adams is very easy, and she is a very considerate and kind doctor. Unfortunately she completely missed my very severe diagnoses. She also did not try to fix my other problems but rather prescribed me drugs to cover up the symptoms. There is also one very unprofessional medical assistant that is a constant in her office and often ignores me when I arrive, never smiles, and is very hard to deal with in general. All other medical assistants are very kind. This office will often brush you off when you have questions, and they will pretty much not help you unless you have an appointment. You will likely not hear back from them for a follow-up.
St Louis University School Of Medicine
Dr. Amanda J Adams accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBhs Cardiovascular Consultants, 300 Northpointe Cir Ste 104, Seven Fields, PA
Dr. Amanda J Adams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seven Fields, PA.