Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amanda Avellone MD
Dr. Amanda Avellone, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Festus, MO, with another office in Farmington, MO. She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Avellone is affiliated with Jefferson Memorial Hospital, Mineral Area Reg Medical Center and Parkland Health Center - Farminigton. She speaks English.
Dr. Amanda Avellone has 2 locations
1105 W Liberty St
Farmington, MO 63640
Book Online Now
Dr. Amanda Avellone has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Amanda Avellone has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Amanda Avellone is Board Certified in 4 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amanda Avellone - Posted on January 26th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amanda Avellone - Posted on June 13th, 2014
Dr. Avellone is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jefferson Memorial Hospital
Mineral Area Reg Medical Center
Parkland Health Center - Farminigton
Jefferson Regional Medical Center
Missouri Baptist Hospital Sullivan
Parkland Health Center - Bonne Terre
Jefferson Merial Hospital
St. Clare Health Center
14 Years Experience
Loma Linda University
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Amanda Avellone Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Amanda Avellone's office for more information.
1390 US Highway 61 Festus, MO : (636) 937-3121
1105 W Liberty St Farmington, MO 63640
Locations & Directions
Dr. Amanda Avellone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Festus, MO.