Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Amanda J Downs
Dr. Amanda J Downs, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Watkinsville, GA. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Downs is affiliated with St. Mary's Hospital Athens and Wills Memorial Hospital. Dr. Downs has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Amanda J Downs has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Amanda J Downs has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Amanda J Downs has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
This business manipulated my patient history records in an attempt to reclassify me as a new patient without any advance verbal or written notice, ignored my symptoms and refused care of any kind despite having an empty parking lot and waiting room. This customer abuse and disservice resulted in unnecessary suffering, prolonged pain and hospital bills of more than $1100, because HMA's office staff would not take 10 minutes to work in a cash-paying, returning customer who had a zero balance. HMA didn't even bother to make a follow up call. If you want my business, make this situation right and replace your office staff. The public does not appreciate this type of inexcusable behavior.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Downs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. Amanda J Downs accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHawthorne Medical Associates, 1351 Stonebridge Pkwy Ste 105, Watkinsville, GA
Dr. Amanda J Downs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Watkinsville, GA.