Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Amanda E Young
Dr. Amanda E Young, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Spencer, IA. She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Amanda E Young has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Amanda E Young has the following 9 expertise
- Occupational Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
- Family Planning
Dr. Amanda E Young has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Amanda E Young is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
When I first saw Dr Young I wasn't impressed but as I got used to her and she got used to me I started to appreciate her more and more. Maybe her and I just agree on a few more things than some. I found her followup to be way above average and she spent enough time answering my questions and listening to me. She's not for everyone, but I like her.
Dr. Young is YOUNG & INEXPERIENCED! She is NOT caring at ALL, and is about as intelligent as my dog! No, I take that back....my dog's pretty smart! Seriously, when she got out of school 3 mos. ago, I bet she graduated with a D- average, but guess what??!! She's still a DOCTOR!! Sadly, the only ones to pay for it are her patients. I'm surprised Spencer has kept her as long as they have!
Have gone to her for a few things and will not be returning. She refuses to listen to us pertaining to what we have done for certain health issues, were sent to a specailist to find we were already on the correct path. She also pushes her political ideas onto us. Anytime you disagree she gives the "you would do it my way if your a good parent" speech in an effort to give a guilt trip. Oh and did I mention she doesn't know what a birthmark looks like. Strongly DO NOT recommend this Doctor.
12 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Amanda E Young accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & DirectionsAvera Medical Group Spencer, 116 E 11th St Ste 101, Spencer, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amanda E Young, DO - Family Medicine in Spencer, IA, in this video.
Dr. Amanda E Young is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spencer, IA.