Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amanda M Loucks
Dr. Amanda M Loucks, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlottesville, VA, with another office in Harrisonburg, VA. She has 7 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Loucks is affiliated with Shenandoah Memorial Hospital and Winchester Medical Center. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Amanda M Loucks has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Amanda M Loucks has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Amanda M Loucks is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 3
Thoughtful and caring
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amanda M Loucks - Posted on June 14th, 2018
Dr. Loucks takes time to understand the patient's concerns and make sure my questions are answered. Thank you for being a good primary care physician!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amanda M Loucks - Posted on April 30th, 2018
I would not go to this dr or the practice that she works within due to the rude behavior of staff behind the office doors, doctors yelling at patients, nurses refusing to listen to patients unless you tell them what they want to hear. A tick bite my arm and it swelled. I called for an apt and the office staff told me that Dr. Loucks and the entire set of drs did not have office hours for six months. So I went elsewhere. I called later for a follow up and Loucks nurse refused to acknowledged me. When I finally received an apt for a follow up blood test, I was told I was not there for a blood test, rather a full body examination. I waited 20 minutes and asked for a dr in a firm voice. A male dr (no name) came out of a room and screamed at me that he had truly other sicker patients than me and I was to be quiet. I left shortly there after. Be careful when you arrive, office staff is not helpful, give wrong communication, dr. don't return calls nor do nurses even when you ask for it, results are not provided and you're treated as if you are always in the wrong.
Dr. Loucks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
7 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 2011
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Amanda M Loucks accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Amanda M Loucks is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Charlottesville, VA.