Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amanda G Nicols has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I was having bad stomach cramps and pain. So I decided to see a new gynecologist because after failure of fertility medicines from my old gynecologist I knew it was time to found a new doctor. Even though I was at the doctor office along time, they did unscheduled ultrasound to check and see what was my problem. The problem was a small poly on my left side and my endometriosis line was thick. A woman don't know how much pain she's in until the doctor do an annual exam. Thanks Dr. Nicols, you're the best.
I have been a patient of Dr. Nicols for almost 7 years. The first time we met I was considering having children and she took her time to discuss all of my concerns. Two years later, my husband and I decided to get serious about starting our family and we became pregnant. Dr. Nicols was great and always there to answer even the craziest of questions that we had. I would come prepared with questions every week that I had a scheduled appointment. My husband called the questions "Nicols Notes". Dr. Nichols has been by our side through 2 pregnancies and we are lucky to have had her as a physician. She is intelligent, patience, and practical. As a working mother, I respect her ability to juggle her profession and be an amazing mother to her small children. In my opinion her greatest attribute is not being an alarmist. I would recommend her to anyone that likes someone that gives it to you straight and that will be by your side through ups and downs.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
10 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2008
Dr. Amanda G Nicols accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Womans Clinic, 501 Marshall St Ste 400, Jackson, MS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amanda G Nicols in this video.
Dr. Amanda G Nicols is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jackson, MS.