Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amanda M Valliant has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Showing 4 of 4
Will not recommend Dr. Valliant to any kidney failure patient. She is not a good nephrologist. She likes her title but she rather be in a vascular setting. I've had 3 procedures under her care and she not once had me follow up after either procedures. She will speak over you and does not listen. When I had an appt to get a fistula placed, the process is to get vein mapping done. She overrode that decision because my veins were extremely noticeable. To make a long story short, she referred me to a surgeon who damaged my fistula (which I cannot use) and failed to get vein mapping done. With her specialty being vascular, she spent more time at the vascular access center and being out of town. She did not have me follow up after any of the procedures I had done under her care. That is NOT good patient care! I've been in the medical field for over 4 years and I never seen a speciality doctor like her. She's in for the money and not for the patients!
13 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Amanda M Valliant accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Amanda M Valliant is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wichita, KS.