Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amanda S Gay has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 42
Dr. Warren has been my MD for several years. I have not had a complaint until my most recent visit, which will be my last. Being a part time nurse going to school, I do not qualify for insurance through my work and am at the moment without it. So, I have to pay out of pocket for my health care. Raising 4 boys, who do have insurance, makes money tight. I was told that for my visits I could make a payment at the time of the appointment and be billed for the rest. I arrived at my appointment today and prepared to make a payment towards this visit as well as towards the last when I was told I could not be seen unless I made a $100 payment. I was told that my check from my last visit bounced, and I explained I wasn't aware of this. Dr. Warren, who was apparently listening to this conversation from her office right next to the front desk, popped her head out and said, "your bank should have informed you of your check bouncing, I have to cover those fees when that happens". I, very embarrassed, explained again that I wasn't aware and asked if I could make a payment and be seen and I was turned down. Now, this appointment was a follow up on some issues I was having that Dr. Amanda Warren expressed concern with due to my high risk for cancer. I am still struggling with these issues. Dr. Warren did not say anything along the lines of, "I'm really sorry we can't see you", or "lets follow up with a phone call, I hope your doing well". NOTHING. Just that my check that bounced was clearly enough of an issue that I couldn't be seen. I felt like a number today, not a person. I will be taking my care elsewhere.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2012, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Gay is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1998
Swedish Medical Center
Dr. Amanda S Gay accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAmanda S Gay Md, 142 SW 2nd Ave, Canby, OR
Dr. Amanda S Gay is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Canby, OR.