Dr. Amanda Williams Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Amanda Williams?

Posted on February 13th, 2015

Diagnosis was completely wrong. Needs more training. Never stop learning.

Truly listened to me

Posted on March 8th, 2014

I went to see this doctor after being disappointed by other doctors that hardly took any time with me and seemed too quick to prescribe medications. She took her time with me and gave me options other than just medications. She was easy to talk to. When I had some side effects, she called me back right away the same day and let me know what to expect and exactly what to do if the side effects did not improve. I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants a doctor that takes time and isn't a pill pusher.

What happened here??

Posted on September 22nd, 2013

This doctor was recommended to me by another doctor. Let me say she is very expensive (she doesn't take insurance of any kind). She appeared friendly but during my visits, it appeared that she didn't know what questions to ask or how to keep the conversation going. I was the one who had to speak and eventually ended up carrying the conversation and diagnosing myself. She pretty much sat there nodding her head and looking at the clock the whole time (like she had somewhere to go after my appointment). She would also look at her pad several times during our conversation (if I can call it that) and say "what else" like she was racking her brain to figure out what to ask. Meanwhile, the clock is ticking. She was also quick to prescribe me medication instead of trying to figure out what was really wrong with me. I told her about what I thought was the cause of my symptoms and she didn't even know what it was. After I started taking the medication she prescribed me, I started getting some severe side effects. I told her about some of the side effects that I was having and she brushed them off and said the medication should be taking care of those symptoms. Again, not listening to me. I have spent almost five hundred dollars of my own money for this "help". Now I am on medication that is addictive and that I will probably have a hard time getting off of. It has affected my breathing, speech, focus, gave me splitting headaches , a fast heart rate, anxiety and sleep disturbances. No help from her though. Now I have to go back to her again and figure out how to get off this medication and what if any side effects I may have during and after I get off this medication. My visit will be just another pay day for her. After I get off these meds, I am never going back to see this doctor. I want my body and brain back the way they were prior to taking the medication. If I could get my hard earned money back too I would. i regret spending my time and money with this doctor.

Posted on January 4th, 2016