Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amar Hamad
Dr. Amar Hamad, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oak Lawn, IL, with another office in Oak Lawn, IL. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Hamad is affiliated with Advocate Christ Medical Center. Dr. Hamad has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Amar Hamad has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Showing 5 of 14
I was recently referred to Dr. Hamad by my primary care physician. On my first visit to Dr. Hamad, he was very caring, very compassionate, and I immediately felt at ease. What really impressed me about him is that he walks every one of his patients up to the reception desk, which may not sound like anything special, but when you are battling a disease like cancer, that little extra show of care means a lot. If you are looking for an excellent oncologist, I would highly recommend Dr. Amar Hamad.
We have been going here for YEARS, worst mistake ever. At some point the doctor just stopped seeing me. I ended up in the hospital with a major infection(which was apparent when I was going for check ups!) and he barely even came into my room, so my family tells me.. as I was unconscious clinging to life. No call to my family, no call after I was released (2 month stay!). This is after I had paid my bills, and been a patient for years. Can you imagine what he would do to someone he just met?! Oh and the best part is- he KNEW about my condition and the risks of infection but did nothing to stop it or warn me!
Dr. Hamad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Dr. Amar Hamad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Amar Hamad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oak Lawn, IL.