Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Amaraseeli S Durayappah
Dr. Amaraseeli S Durayappah, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. She has 46 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Amaraseeli S Durayappah has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Amaraseeli S Durayappah has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Amaraseeli S Durayappah has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 10
Dont get me wrong but she was a verry good doctor at one point.we have been going to her office since my first born 15yrs ago but know she has slacked off alot..I have two younger children now a 4yr.old and 1yr.old & dosent do her job like she use to.shes not really intrested in what you have to say or what your diagnosed results are its more like a get in & get out visit..I think shes getting to old and always looks tired & not intrested in her job anymore.
My kids changed doctors several times in the beginning then I was introduced to Dr. Durayappah and they have been in her office since they were 18 months and 6 months old. My kids are now 9 and 7 and we will continue going there until she retires from practice. I was introduced to this Dr. by a family friend who had her when she was young and now takes her children to her office.
46 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Amaraseeli S Durayappah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFamily Care Clinic, 8762 Long Point Rd Ste 106, Houston, TX
Dr. Amaraseeli S Durayappah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.